How to Create a Password Reset Disk
Before you begin make sure to have a flash drive or floppy disk, you cannot create a password reset disk on a CD, DVD, or external hard drive.
- Click on Start then Control Panel
- Click on User Accounts and Family Safey link.
- If you don’t see the above link, double click on User Accounts. Proceed to Step 4.
- Click on the User Accounts link.
- In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
- When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next.
- In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a password reset disk on. Click Next to continue.
- With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
- Windows will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.
- You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer. Label the media with “Windows 7 Password Reset” (or whatever makes sense to you). Store it somewhere safe.